BOOK A ROOM
Check In:
Check Out:

   Novodevichy Convent, also known as Bogoroditse-Smolensky Monaster, is probably the best-known cloister of Moscow.

   The Novodevichy Convent was founded in 1524 by Grand Prince Vasili III in commemoration of the conquest of Smolensk in 1514. It was built as a fortress at a curve of the Moskva River and became an important part of the southern defensive belt of the capital, which had already included a number of other monasteries. Since 2010 is a museum of Russian Orthodox church.